You will find the Quick Start Guide that is attached together in your camera packaging which includes product description, installation guide and simple app configuration guide. We suggest that you add the camera in your TimeTec Security App first before installing it to the location that might be hard to approach later.
Download and install TimeTec Security Mobile App from links above. Register an account with TimeTec Security following steps here.
Register Account In TimeTec Security App
To start using TimeTec Security App, you will need to register an user account.
1. Tap Sign Up
2. Select if this camera is for business or personal use.
3. Fill in all the fields and tap "Register"
4. You will receive an activation email once registration is successful.
Sign in > Read tips and guides
Once you have activated your registered account, sign in using the login email and password that you have created, and you will see some startup guides as shown below:
1. Fill in login email and password, tap "Sign in".
2. You will see tips and guides we have prepared for you during first sign in. Tap on "Smart IP Cameras" to read the tips.
3. More tips.
4. More tips.
5. More tips.
6. More tips.
7. More tips.
8. More tips.
9. More tips.
10. More tips.
11. Tap "Start".
12. You will see this main menu page.
Configure Smart IP Camera
Make sure your smartphone and IP camera are connected to internet connection.
1. Open the lit of the camera and power on your camera with a power adapter.
2. Red LED will lit up to indicate that the camera is booting.
3. Wait until the LED turns green then you can start adding the camera to your TimeTec Security App.
4. Tap "Smart Camera"
5. Tap "+" at top right corner.
6. Scan the QR code on the camera or you can tap "Manual Insert" to key in manually.
7. Name the IP camera, insert username(default:"admin"), your camera password and WiFi password. After that, tap "tick" at top right corner.
8. App is connecting with the camera.
9. Message to inform you that you have successfully added the camera to your App.
10. Tap on Epicamera Logo to start "Live View"
11. This is how "Live View" looks like.
We have prepared installation guide for our IP camera and you can view them in our apps.
1. Tap "Menu" > "EpiCamera" > "Help"
2. You will see two PDFs here, view the one that you need guidance.
Manage your camera storage and saved footages/images here.
1. Tap "Menu" > "Epicamera" > "Manage Storage".
2. You can check both storage in EpiCamera Cloud Storage or In App Storage.
3. Tap EpiCamera Storage and you can see storage used and left are shown clearly here. You can opt to upgrade your storage by tapping "Upgrade".
4. Where as for "In App Storage", you can see the photos and video footages that you snapped in Live View.
5. For video: Tap to view it. Long press the video to select and you can remove it by tapping the "dustbin" icon below.
6. For photo: Tap to view it in full size. Long press the photo to select it and you can choose to remove or share it by tapping dustbin or share button respectively.
7. To share, select apps in your phone that you want to use to share the photo(s) with.
Rename/remove a Camera
Sometimes we have too many cameras, so it is clearer to name the camera the way we can remember it.
4. Tap "Smart Camera"
2. Tap the "setting" icon.
3. Tap "Rename Camera" to rename it. (If you want to remove this camera, just tap "Delete Camera" and confirm it.)
4. Type in the new name for the camera.
5. You have successfully renamed the camera!
As the owner of a camera, you can add admin or user to your camera. To do that, you need to add them by "Manage User" first. The user will receive an invitation email from you, that prompt them to download TimeTec Security App and register an account using the app. After the user registered and activated their account, his/her name will be listed in user list that you can assign role to them for your camera. Being an "admin" enables them to add more users for the camera, for "user" role, users cannot add any user but merely can view the camera. Please follow the steps below:
To invite users
1. Tap "Menu" > "Manage Users"
2. Tap "+" to add user
3. Fill up name and email of the user who you want to invite.
4. An invitation has been sent to the email. Tab "Add more" to continue adding user.
To delete user
1. This is the page when you have successfully invited 3 users. The "P" in red circle means "Pending account activation".
2. Swipe left at the particular user and you will see a "dustbin" icon. Tap on it to delete the user.
3. You have successfully removed Peter Doe. Meanwhile, when a user has created and activated his/her account, there is no red circle "P".
Add admin to a particular camera (same way to add an user)
1. Go to the camera that you want to add user by : Menu > Epicamera > Configure Cameras > Choose your camera > Manage Users
2. Tap on "+" at Admin to add an admin.
3. The user who has created and activated his/her account will be listed here, select the user by ticking it and then tap the bigger tick at right top corner.
4.You have successfully added a new admin.
Change role of an admin (same way to change role of an user)
1. Swipe left at the particular admin that you want to change role.
2. Tick "pencil" (edit) icon to change role, if you want to remove him/her, tap "dustbin" icon to delete.
3. Tap OK.
4. You have successfully changed Mary's role from "admin" to "user".
Manage Access Group
If you want to allow someone to access your camera at certain time frame, you can do it by create an access group. You will need to invite the person to create and activate his/her account in TimeTec Security first (follow steps in "Manage User" > "Invite User" above)
1. Tap "Menu" > "Epicamera" > "Configure Camera" > Choose camera > "Access Group"
2. Tap "+" to create access group
3. Name the schedule and set the time frame for each day.
4. Tap the "User" when you have done the time and day settings.
5. Tick user for this schedule.
6. You have successfully created schedule for "Cleaner". You can delete it by swiping the schedule to left.
7. Tap on the dustbin icon to remove it.
Manage Temporary Access
To create temporary access for someone, you can do it in "Temporary Access".
1. Tap "Menu" > "EpiCamera" > "Configure Camera" > Choose Camera > "Temporary Access"
2. Tap "+" to create Temporary Access
3. Name the schedule and tap "access time".
4. Set the time frame for this temporary access.
5. Select user for this temporary access and tap the tick on right top corner.
6. You have successfully created this temporary access. You can delete it following step 7 in "Manage Access Group".
Note:If some of the screenshots or steps viewed here are different from the ones in the current system, this is due to our continuous effort to improve our system from time to time. Please notify us at email@example.com, we will update it as soon as possible.